Tuesday 31 March 2015

A toast disowned by French!

Well apparently the french dont know how to make 'FRENCH TOAST'! It seems this toast shares a similar story like that of fries. And if you chance to ask a french how to prepare them, be ready for the stares n all. So, instead I stumbled upon a random post on these 36 different ways to make your french toasts. Although all the recipes are easy peasy, you will not have all the ingredients, for sure, for most of the recipes. Same was the case with me on a sleepy, lazy sunday morning. I was running out of things as simple as bread slices and orange juice. However, luckily I had a nice big orange, on the verge of ending up in a dustbin in a couple of days!

So, I took certain inspiration from this post (link below) and came up with this 'Orange flavoured French Toast', which trust me you need to try. I used the following ingredients:

Juice from one orange, sugar (adjust according to taste), 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of milk, vanilla essence or vanilla sugar (found them only in France), baguette sliced into 2 inches thick or so, butter

Apart from the bread, mix up everything nicely in a bowl. This mixture needs to be runny/ liquidy and not like a thick batter. Soak the peices of bread nicely in this mixture for almost 2 to 3 minutes each side. Once they soak up nicely the egg mix, place them in a well greased baking tray and swooosh, into a preheated oven. Bake them till they become nicely brown on each side. Once done, if you have some icing sugar, sprinkle on them or else have them just like that. They are the best things you can have on a lazy Sunday morning with a nice coffee. Here is the pic of my golden beauties, which could not see the light of the day for much long though ;)

And this is the link on Buzzfeed where I got my inspiration: 36 French Toast Recipes You Will Not Be Able To Resist
Hope Frenchies will enjoy this too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment